Tuesday, September 7, 2010

M for Museum

In Leuven there is a museum named "M for Museum." Dior and I went there on his free time and really enjoyed their permanent collection. The only trouble we had was that a lot of the art and displays didn't have a name, artist or date. They have an upper floor where traveling exhibits are displayed... when we went it was modern art. I am not a modern art fan at all. I love classic paintings and more specifically paintings that tell me a story.
Dior in M for Museum
This is a classic painting of St. Peters in Leuven.


This is a classic painting of Leuven.


This was my favorite piece in the museum. Each panel represents a part of Jesus life. What made this so special to me was that its named after Saint Anne the mother of Mary. In the first panel on the bottom left is scene of baby being born. The baby is Mary. I had never seen Mary's mother in an art.

This the first panel the scene of Anne having Mary.


The dish collection.
A huge chalkboard with an outline of a person.. this was in the modern art section. not a fan.
We are on the roof of the museum !

No comments:

Post a Comment