Friday, August 20, 2010

Do Belgian Waffles Exist?

Before I came to Belgium I thought that throughout the streets of Belgium there would be waffle stands. I even thought there would be waffle "mesitas" like in Mexico where people just have a little table of food for sale. This is not the case in Belgium well at least in Leuven. Dior's teammate Jared's wife Lindsey and I went on a sightseeing day through Leuven yesterday on a mission to find a waffle. We first had a plain waffle that we found at an ice cream shop. They warmed (burned!) the waffle for us and it tasted horrible. Next we saw an Ice cream stand with a people coming and going from it. My best advice when traveling is go where all the regular people are going not the tourist. The ice cream was amazing!! It was almost as good as gelato in Italy. We wandered through the city some more and then found a restaurant where people were having waffles. We decided to give it one more shot. Thank goodness we did, the waffle here was delicious. They covered it with all types of fruit, then whip cream and powdered sugar! The waffles were much much better than the first place. I am starting to get excited for the tour on Sunday. :)

2 comments:

  1. Not to change the subject about the goshdarn amazing waffles you had, as I made pancakes to somewhat compensate the taste for waffles your blog left in my mouth.....but (DON'T LAUGH)(can I make my comment private), anyhow, I am addicted to this cleaning product, and they don't see it in stores, it's called "Shower Power." I have heard that they do see it in your neck of the woods though. If you happen to run into it, cause LORD knows you've run into the craziest #@!$....could you PRETTY please pick one up for me?? For those of you reading this, I have OCD. I KNOW!! Shower Power is the BEST shower (hence the name) cleaner ever created. Please note, that I have tried EVERY shower cleaner known to man!!! SERIOUSLY..I have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will for sure look for it :) I will bring you a couple bottles for christmas then some more when I come home for summer...if I find it.

    ReplyDelete