Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Coldest European Winter in Decades!

Dior and I can proudly proclaim we survived a blizzard! Five minutes into our walk the snow began to fall... furiously! I could feel the snow piling up and my boots sink while I walked. When we were safely indoors my hands were in so much pain from the cold (forgot to wear my gloves!). I couldnt help but laugh... how in the world did a girl from small town Hollister get stuck in a blizzard. Not only that but in Europe during the coldest winter in decades.
Our sweet neighbor who shovels our walkway.

This was right before the blizzard began!
Before the snow became terrible we took a day trip to Nitra to watch our Slovak team play. I mentioned before that Nitra has many interesting looking churches. I took a picture of one that reminded me of the Netherlands.
Nitra, Slovakia
I met a couple nice Slovakian girls at Omega bar this weekend. They were very sweet and one is actually taking me to get my nails done next week! In Belgium it was very expensive to get your nails done but here the cost is about the same as America (22 Euro).
Silly Dior, Me, Nikka and our buddy Kevin.
Our Center Mike and his wife Kimber have three awesome children. I get to see them at the games and at the hotel. I always look forward to seeing how many more steps baby Maliyah can take.. that and the funny face she learned to make!
Maliyah in her custom made Levice jersey!

No comments:

Post a Comment