Thursday, January 27, 2011

Familiar Faces

My friends Jessica and Kim had been telling me they were planning to visit me in Belgium for about a month. I tried not to get my hopes up because I know a European flight is not the easiest thing to attain. I was surprised to receive an email from Jessica letting me know their flight number and if I would be able to meet them at the airport. I woke up very early and had one of the other girlfriends here drive me to the airport to pick up my friends. As I stood waiting in the airport with my Starbucks in hand I still really didn’t believe they’d actually be walking out of the baggage claim. It was the best feeling ever to see their smiling familiar faces!

Right off the plane we started sightseeing, first stop was Brussels where we visited the giant Atomium.

After I showed them the Grand Palace in Brussels…. Then we visited St. Michael’s Cathedral in Brussels.


Once we finished up in Brussels we came home and dropped off their luggage. I could tell Dior was also really happy to have familiar faces in Leuven too. Next we drove to a city called Liege where we went into St. Paul’s Cathedral. There a million cathedrals in Europe to visit.

Having macaroons in Liege!

No comments:

Post a Comment